Thursday, November 13, 2008


Twins?

In 1948, my mother was pregnant for the second time. One morning, when she prepared breakfast for my older sister (almost 2 years old at the time), she cracked an egg ~ and it had a double yolk! Later that day, she had a doctor's appointment. There she learned that she was carrying twins. When it was time for my father to come home from his job on the Air Force Base, she sat on the porch and waited to tell him.
After she told him, he did not say a word, but as always went to change out of his uniform. My mother followed him into the house and said, "Aren't you worried about me?" It was then that he looked at her and said, "You know, I don't think we are going to have to pay any income tax this year." And on Oct. 28th, his two little girl
tax deductions arrived!









No comments: